Monday, January 28, 2008

Of Mice and Whatever

Sometimes, I just really don't know what to write about. Have you ever had the problem? That's actually one of the reasons that I started this blog--sometimes I just can't write novels but I still want to jot down my thoughts and feelings.

I don't know... It's like poor people in misery just ain't doin' it for me anymore. I mean, what about spaceships and laser guns? That just sounds fun! But whenever I do that, my editor is all "Where did he find power armor along Route 66?"

Speaking of which, have you seen Cars? That's all about Route 66, but it's way more fun than Grapes of Wrath. What if Tom Joad was a car? What would he be? My first thought would be to say that crazy contraption the Beverly Hillbillies rode around in. Man, that's funny stuff.

2 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

I wish the Pulitzer were a statuette, so that I could beat you about the face and neck with it.

I'm a peace-loving person, but when I think of your oeuvre, I have dark thoughts of violence against your person.

Jennie-O said...

John Steibeck your books make my eyes bleed. You are the worst author ever to walk the face of this planet. Who did you pay to make sure you got the Pulitzer?